Monday, October 29, 2007

No more Acropolis!


Don't worry! nothing happened to the monument in Athens, Greece (beautiful place by the way).


I just read Acropolis is dead. The Acropolis team will be joining the Patterns & Prectices team and they'll release WPF Composite Client. We can't say we didn't see it coming... no seriously, we can't say it. But for some reason it wasn't a big surprise. As I got interested in Acropolis I was also picking on what the P&P team was doing and something didn't sound right. I got the feeling Microsoft didn't know exactly what they were doing since two teams were working on very "similar" solutions, or at least the purpose of them were very similar. And of course, Acropolis was new, P&P has been around for a while and lots of people are using the CAB today so, IMHO, it's a good call!


I guess that's it for the Acropolis Addin ;)

No comments: